On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:23:04PM -0200, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:55:10AM +0000, Alessandro Bottoni wrote:
> > Most likely you know AutoCAD. Well, I have to write a program like AutoCAD
> > that should have:
> >
> > - a graphical area (created with PyGTK)
> > - a text-based command line
>
> Do you mean something like PythonCAD?
>
>     http://www.pythoncad.org/
>
>     http://www.pythoncad.org/screenshots.html
>
> Would probably be a good idea to join efforts with Art, who is probably
> away or would have written something on the topic by now :-)

No, I'm here and been watching this thread. :-)

Alessandro and I have exchanged mail regarding PythonCAD, and I'd
written about the shortcomings in PythonCAD's current handling of user
input and how it could possibly be addressed. He's taking up the
challenge to improve things - thanks!

After being away for much of November I'm (slowly) getting going again
on PythonCAD stuff. I still need to get the remote subversion repository
available again, and I just upgraded my subversion binary to the latest
release. The fact that the repo isn't available bothers me greatly. :-(

Art

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822