On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:28:11PM +0100, Abel Daniel wrote:
> I would like to make my app to have modes, a bit like the vi
> editor. Launching a mode would change some keybindings. I figured I
> can add the keybindings with gtk.binding_entry_add_signal() when the
> mode is started, but the problem is, how do I remove them when the
> user exits the mode?

Hmm. I'm not sure gtk.binding_entry_add_signal is the way to go -- it's
supposed to be useful for widget authors. You sound like you want to
control in a finer manner how keybindings behave; why not implement the
modality in a key_press_event handler that selectively does one thing or
the other based on what mode we're in?

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331