Thanks for the response (and to Christian RR), I'm getting the feeling
that almost no one seems to think this is a workable idea, the main
thing I was interested in guaging was which direction to take my
exsisting editor project in... if it looked like people would push to
see PyGTK in the standard libraries I would go in an IDLE influenced
direction, if not I have a bit more freedom (I don't see the point in
porting IDLE if your not aiming for the standard distibution, although I
am likely to "borrow" a few bits!)

The "Fat Python" project looks interesting I'll try and keep up with it.

Matt