Dennis Craven wrote:

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 08:12, Nikos Kouremenos wrote:

but I couldn't understand [sorry I'm new in the GTK world] how to get the text from the selection that the user has finally done!

Somehow I have the feeling that this is the improper way to get the currently selected text, but the attached file is the result of my playing around with the new ComboBox. The callback "on_combo_box_changed" is probably of most interest to you. There is probably a more elegant way to do this, but it appears to work ;P

If anyone can confirm this, I can add it to the FAQ.

Hope it helps,
~djc

First of all thank you very much for the source. I could never imagine such stuff.. (i really wonder how did you figured it out)
anyways, I was referring to ComboBoxEntry [I used the same code, the only problem is only the the user DELETES all the text in that entry]
then an exception is thrown that you can pass easily.
thanks again