On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:23:01 -0400, John Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I suspect you're using:
> >    pipe = popen2.popen4(cmd)
> > instead of
> >    pipe = popen2.Popen4(cmd)
> > Notice the use of the capital P.  The first executes a function that
> > returns a tuple.  The second creates a class instance.
>
> Right again.  Thanks.  BTW.  If I do end up os.kill()ing this process,
> do I have to close the input output pipes, or do they get closed
> automagically?  Any other cleanup that is necessary?

Also, I wrote a perl script that outputs a line, sleeps for a second,
and outputs another line for 15 seconds.  WHen I run this command with
Popen4 (yes the capital letter), nothing happens for 15 seconds and
then all the output comes out at once.  I ran the command like so

pipe = popen2.Popen4(command)

and also

pipe = popen2.Popen4(command,0)

in an attempt to stop it from buffeing the output.  Is there anything
elseI can do to flush the output when reading from pipe.fromchild?

You guys have been great.  Thanks for all the help.

John