A Qua, 2004-08-11 ās 21:31, Skip Montanaro escreveu:
>     >> How do I convince Glade to create new Window and TextView widgets on
>     >> subsequent calls to get_widget()?
>
>     Johan> Two possible solutions:
>
>     Johan> 1) Don't destroy the window, just hide it.
>
> But when the user pokes the "x" won't the underlying X windows be destroyed?
> Is there a way to catch the destroy signal and avoid the window destruction?
> I'd happily just hide the window, but that doesn't seem to work either.
>
>     Johan> 2) Call glade.XML again to reparse (and recreate all widgets)
>
> Sounds expensive. :-(

  No, it is not.  libglade automatically caches XML trees, so only the
first time is the XML file really opened and parsed.  Subsequent
invocations with same parameters merely construct the widget tree from
the description in memory.

> Thanks for the ideas...
>
> Skip

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The universe is always one step beyond logic