Christian> You should also grab an updated version of GTK+ -- that's
    Christian> where the important Treeview speedups would happen, not
    Christian> inside PyGTK.

I made the comment a day or two ago that I find Treeview overkill for simple
lists and use a Table instead.  I also find Treeview slow (we're still using
GTK 2.2).  I subclassed the Table widget in Python to operate in a more
Pythonic way (address cells using indexing, for example).  It also winds up
for my application being about 2-3x faster to refresh than using Treeview.
I'll see about releasing it so others can use it/poke at it.

--
Skip Montanaro
Got spam? http://www.spambayes.org/