On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 13:05, Marcus Habermehl wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 17.10.2004, 16:36 -0500 schrieb Skip Montanaro:
> >     Marcus> I want to execute some shell commands in my python script. The
> >     Marcus> output should be redirected to a gtk.TextView in real-time. How
> >     Marcus> can I do this?
> >
> > Use os.popen or one of its cousins, capture the output via reads on the file
> > object returned, then stuff it into the TextBuffer associated with your
> > TextView widget.
>
> That I've making, now. But the text gets insert when the shell command
> is finished.
>
> Is there are not another possibility?

Make sure the GUI is updated by flushing out all the events after every
line of output.  See
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq23.020.htp

Or put the popen into its own thread?

> regard
>
> Marcus

Steve McClure                                           Racemi
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                75 5th St NE
voice: 404-892-5850                                     Suite 333
fax: 404-892-7215                                       Atlanta, GA 30308
                                                        http://www.racemi.com