On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:26:45 +0200, Ionutz Borcoman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 problems:
>
> * how to restore the fullscreen state, maximized state and the size of
> the main window of an application when it is restarted ?
> * how to do the above on MS Windows ?
>
> All I want is for the main window of the application to save its:
>
> * size when not in maximized/fullscreen/minimized states
> * position when not in maximized/fullscreen/minimized states
> * its normal/maximized/minimized/fullscreen state
>
> when it is closed and restore all of the above when it is restarted.

Take a look at the following from my app:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/grecipe-manager/grm/src/lib/WidgetSaver.py?rev=1.2&view=markup

WidgetSaver is set up to allow saving all kinds of states. The
WindowSaver subclass should do what you want.

Note the gdebug import is my own messaging system -- you can just
delete any lines that say "debug" if you want to test this module out.

Tom