I'm experiencing a strange issue with some images I'm using for toolbar
icons. They aren't rendering correctly with some versions of gtk.

Here is how it looks under Mnadrake-9.2:
http://blackhole.cs.uwec.edu/~munozga/images/gjots-2.1.1-icons_blurred.png

Here is how it is supposed to look like:
http://blackhole.cs.uwec.edu/~munozga/images/gjots2-2.1.1-icons.png

I'm registering my PNG icons following the FAQ entry to register stock
icons from an image file:
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq08.012.htp

I expect this to be an issue with package versions, as it works find on
my system (gtk+-2.6.2, GNOME 2.8, pygtk-2.4.1, gnome-python-2.6.2),
which is running the latest greatest, but not on mandrake-10.1
(gtk+-2.4.9, GNOME 2.6, pygtk-2.3.96, gnome-python-2.0.3).

Has anyone experienced this before? How about a fix?

Thanks,
Gabe