On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 09:44:02AM -0500, Chetan Dandekar wrote:
> Let me describe this issue with an example. I have a gtk.SpinButton and
> a signal handler function 'on_value_changed' which is triggered by the
> signal 'value_changed'. I want this handler to be invoked if a user
> changes the SpinButton value using the input devices. However, I don't
> want it to be invoked when I set the SpinButton value using 'set_value'
> function from the backend.

Use separate functions for the two things; in fact, have the
on_value_changed handler _call_ set_value when it needs to, and then do
its own specific thing. You don't need any particular GTK+ features for
this, and simpler code is better code.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331