On Wed, 2005-13-04 at 09:16 -0400, John Ehresman wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> >>try setting the environment variable PYGTK_USE_GIL_STATE_API to true
> >>before calling gobject.threads_init()
> >>
> >>Johan
> >

> > It locks up at another thread that produces the data needed for a
> > different view.
>
> What version of Python and of pygtk are you using?  What platform are
> you on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

python-2.3.4, pygtk-2.6.1, gtk+-2.6.4

There are things in that thread are are a no-no.  When I re-wrote it to
add a bunch of things I call some other code that builds a gtk.TreeStore
then it traverses it to build the data (another gtk.TreeStore) I need.
It wasn't till I was nearly finished debugging that I realized I was
multi-threading gtk calls.  I tried adding the gtk.thread_enter/leave()
pair but I think things froze up.

I have not had the time nor have I been able to get my brain to
concentrate on re-writing a version that is thread friendly.

But interestingly enough, that thread has never otherwise caused a
crash.

Thanks everyone.
--
Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>