Thanks to everyone for the responses. It was most helpful.

I started my project using hboxes/vboxes but I found that resizing entry
boxes was somewhat of a pain when I wanted the box to be 1 character
wide (and visible). I read online that a solution to long entry boxes
was to put empty labels around v/hbox. I didn't like that solution, as I
thought it made the code look a bit cluttered (I could just call a
function to pack the boxes with empty labels with a loop I suppose).
Currently all my mini widgets is attached to a giant table. This allows
me to make my buttons and entry boxes as small or as large as I would
like.

My initial idea was to implement a wizard or a tab based system. I
didn't personally like how it would look hence I decided to go with my
two frame/window idea which will look similar to the closed source
program that I am trying to write.

Again, thanks very much to everyone.

Sam