On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 04:36:31PM +0200, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
> Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> >On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 01:19:40PM +0200, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
> >
> >>I have a Debian Sarge system with python 2.3 and python-gnome-2.6.1.
> >>Importing pygtk in the way described by the tutorial does not work:

> >>Traceback (most recent call last):
> >> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> >>ImportError: No module named gnome

I've looked at your directories and everything looks find. Could you run
python with a "-v" option, or "strace -eopen python" and try that again?

> the gtk and gnome are both installed under
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages. gnome is installed in the gtk dir.
> /usr/bin/python is a link to /usr/bin/python2.3. The versions of the
> libraries are taken from my package management system (apt). Is there a
> way to find the imported version of some library from the python prompt?

PyGTK at least offers

    gtk.gtk_version
    gtk.pygtk_version

I am not sure if GNOME offers something similar, though it is likely.
Gustavo?

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125