Hi Pier,

pier carteri wrote:

> any idea where I can find packages for windows platform of
> gtksourceview  and gtkmozembed.
> I know both of them should be portable to win but I'm not able  to
> find  any  infos  on how  to  do  it .
> At the moment I don't have an environment for compiling C code under
> windows so if you answer is "download the tarball and compile yourself "
> please give me some infos about the simplest way to obtain the
> environment (cygwin, ..others?)

If you want to go ahead and compile those packages yourself on win32,
you will need

1. A GTK+ development environment (http://gladewin32.sf.net)
2. A gcc-compiler that produces native code on win32 : mingw
(http://www.mingw.org)
3. A unix-like environment, including shells and tools : you can choose
between cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com) or msys
(http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml). Please note that if you select
cygwin, you will have to modify your PATH in such a way that gcc from
the mingw distribution is called instead of cygwin-gcc, as executables
or libraries built using cygwin-gcc are not native and depend on the
cygwin DLL (posix layer)

You might also have to modify the configure.in and Makefile.am files in
the source distribution of gtksourceview  and gtkmozembed, and add some
win32 specific macros/options. I strongly recommend you to have a look
at the corresponding files in the latest GTK+ or gtkmm source tarball.

Cedric

P.S. : I think gtksourceview has already been ported to win32 for the
mono project.