Hi again ! ;-)

OoO  En cette matinée  pluvieuse du  jeudi 09  juin 2005,  vers 10:27,
Vincent  Bernat   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  disait:

>> ,----
>> | import gtk.glade
>> | import gettext
>> | gettext.bindtextdomain (APP, DIR)
>> | gettext.textdomain(APP)
>> | gettext.install(APP, DIR, unicode=1)
>> |
>> | gtk.glade.bindtextdomain (APP, DIR)
>> | gtk.glade.textdomain (APP)
>> `----

>> My first  problem is  that, only with  Windows, the interface  is only
>> partially  translated  because each  word  containing  accents is  cut
>> before  the  first accent  and  Glade  is  complaining about  UTF-8
>> encoding.
[...]

> | #ifdef HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET
> |     bind_textdomain_codeset(domainname, "UTF-8");
> | #endif
[...]

Removing the condition solves the problem. Compiling pygtk from source
is not as difficult as stated in :
  <URL:http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/>

I  have just  put  C:\Python24 and  C:\MinGW\bin  the PATH,  installed
gladewin32   and   issued   the   command  python   setup.py   --build
--compiler=mingw32  --enable-threading. I  have  copied the  resulting
glade.pyd over the current one and no more UTF-8 problem.
--
Choose variable names that won't be confused.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)