Ok, so I'm completely new to pygtk and have spent several hours searching
through the API in order to see why this isn't working, but to no avail. I have
a set of ordered data and I'm simply trying to display them in tabular form.
However, when I run my little python code, it decides to take the second
argument of my list (which is represented as a tuple) and enter that into every
column. Here is a little snippet:

self.window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
self.mainbox = gtk.HBox(False,0)
self.window.add(self.mainbox)

self.liststore = gtk.ListStore(gobject.TYPE_STRING, gobject.TYPE_STRING)
self.treeview = gtk.TreeView(self.liststore)
renderer = gtk.CellRendererText()

column1 =  gtk.TreeViewColumn("First Name ", renderer, text=1)
column2 =  gtk.TreeViewColumn("Last Name ", renderer, text=1)

self.treeview.append_column(column1)
self.treeview.append_column(column2)

self.treeview.show()
self.mainbox.pack_start(self.treeview)

row = ("Yo", "Mamma")
self.liststore.append(row)

self.window.show()

So when I run it, it gives the two columns and displays "Mamma" under both of
them. Am I doing something utterly silly? Thank you in advance because I sure
can't see what's going on.

Mike