Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

I like label.props.text most.  properties and props are pretty much
interchangable and since I still type things in by hand I prefer the
shorter form.  label.prop.text would also make sense although
list_of_properties = dir(label.prop) which someone else thought would be
a nice feature isn't as intuitively named.

-Toshio
I'm not sure how GObject is implemented, but wouldn't it presumably be possible to offer both props/properties or prop/property using __getattr__? Or would this be even more confusing?

If we have to pick, "props" is definitely easier to type, but I feel that "properties" fits better with the current naming structure of pyGTK, as well as being friendlier to newcomers. It may also keep the traffic in the IRC room asking "Why props instead of properties?" at bay.

Phillip