Apparently you do not need the threads_enter/threads_leave pair around
the idle_add call.  I always put it in because it has never broken
anything and I don't want to mess with success.

You're right, you don't need to enter/leave calls around gobject.idle_add. But you *do* need them inside the update_ui method. I would use something like this:

No you don't.
All functions you send into gobject.idle_add are executed from the same thread where you run the mainloop (since they are infact dispatched from the mainloop itself).

So in this case you don't need any locks/enter/leave calls at all.

--
Johan Dahlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Async Open Source

begin:vcard