Hi Francesco,
probably I didn't undestand you question but:

close_button = gtk.Button(stock =gtk.STOCK_CLOSE )

Is that what you need?

For more info
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/class-gtkbutton.html#constructor-gtkbutton

Regards

Pier

On 7/26/05, Francesco Marchetti-Stasi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, basically, the subject says it all. I'd just like to add that I'm
doing it in a small "command bar", where I have a label, a text entry,
and a few buttons laid around, so a Toolbar does not look like a
reasonable option.

         close_button = gtk.Button()
         pixbuf = close_button.render_icon( gtk.STOCK_CLOSE,
gtk.ICON_SIZE_MENU )
         image = gtk.Image()
         image.set_from_pixbuf( pixbuf )
         image.show()
         close_button.add( image )

Still, I could use a Toolbar with a single button inside, and the code
wouldn't be much longer, I suppose. Are there other ways to do it? Or is
it better to stick with the above code?

Thanks,
Francesco.