[Andrew Conkling]

> To do so (as far as I've read), I must use Pyrex or SWIG.  I've heard
> that Pyrex is probably easier to use (i.e. induces less headaches).

I tried both, and quickly fell in love with Pyrex, to the point I did
not retry SWIG in a long time.  (It might have changed, I do not know).

Most likely that SWIG is easier for wrapping an existing library as is,
but then, you obtain exactly the flavour of that library, which may fit
Python OO more or less happily, depending of the library design.  Pyrex
allowed me to adjust the interfaces, improving them until they really
got the Python flavour I wanted.  This was probably more work overall,
but the results were more satisfying, and less headaches for my users.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca