I've got a small GUI that pops a window up and down several times. If the user closes the window using the close button I provide, all is fine, but if they use the X button supplied by Windows, the contents are destroyed, and the next time the window is shown, it's empty.

I tried to catch the "destroy" event and just hide() the window, but it still comes back empty.

I tried issuing an emit_stop_by_name and a stop_emission (what's the difference?) in the destroy event handler, but still to no avail. I tried each of these:
       self.myWindow.stop_emission('destroy')
       self.myWindow.emit_stop_by_name('destroy')
       self.myWindow.stop_emission('destroy_event')
       self.myWindow.emit_stop_by_name('destroy_event')

So... What is the proper way to catch a user's attempt to destroy the window and instead just execute a hide()?

Thanks for any help,
Gary Herron