On 2005.11.09 08:18:58 -0600, nephish wrote:
>       i have a program that calls another program to execute on a button
> click. Its another pygtk app. And i am using the
> os.system('python /home/my/myprogram.py') to bring it up. It comes up
> ok, but when i close its window, the program that called it up is locked
> up. Um, what could i do about this?

Is the child program actually exiting when you close its window, or just
hiding the window?  os.system will block the parent program until the
child program actually exits.

If you want the parent program to freeze until the child exits, then
resume, then you probably just need to make the child actually terminate
(with sys.exit) when you close its main window.

If you want the parent to stay responsive while the child runs, then you
probably want to launch the child program in the background (see the
docs for the subprocess module).  Another option would be creating a
second thread in the main program and spawning the child program from
it, so the main thread can keep processing events.

--
David Ripton    [EMAIL PROTECTED]