I am looking for a way to to known when editing in Entry widget is done.

I started by catching focus_out_event this was a good start but I soon found that I need to catch the activate signal to catch the user hitting the return key.

This look like work but then I found that if I used alt key to activate
a button I could not catch it.

I then looked and notice that the Entry Widget inherits from gtk.CellEditable. Good I have played with this in treeviews and has editing_done signal that work correct for me there. I connect to the editing_done signal. I never got a callback for this signal.

So I am ask is there any way to known when editing is done. When focus leave the widget or accel, or alt cause some other widget to be active.