> notice it uses bonobo to access the registry, does this mean gnome
> must be running? I tried the following code under pekwm:

> "Accessibility/Registry")
> 1
> 0

Just a little note, for the record (mailing list archives :), all I
had to do to get the above code to behave in pekwm the same way that
it did in gnome was to add /opt/gnome/lib/gtk-2.0/modules
to by /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. Now I can experiment with
further code and see if anything else is missing. Thanks againg for
the start!

Dusty