On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 12:31:14PM +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>Sáb, 2006-05-27 às 21:56 +0100, Magnus Therning escreveu:
>> I can't figure out why wnck.Window.get_geometry isn't in the python
>> bindings.
>>
>> wnck.defs contains the following
>>
>>  (define-method get_geometry
>>    (of-object "WnckWindow")
>>    (c-name "wnck_window_get_geometry")
>>    (return-type "none")
>>    (parameters
>>      '("int*" "xp")
>>      '("int*" "yp")
>>      '("int*" "widthp")
>>      '("int*" "heightp")
>>    )
>>  )
>>
>> But that doesn't seem to result in the function turning up :-(
>>
>> I've only tested this on Debian Sid but I can't see any reason for it to
>> be distro specific. The following would check if it's there:
>>
>>  import wnck, gtk
>>  s = wnck.screen_get_default()
>>  while gtk.events_pending(): gtk.main_iteration()
>>  w = s.get_active_window()
>>  print [f for f in dir(w) if f == 'get_geometry']
>>
>> On my system that results in the printing of an empty list.
>>
>> Any pointers on how to fix this (I've not managed to find any docs on
>> pygtk-codegen-2.0 at all) would be much appreciated.
>
>  You can start by opening a bug report on gnome bugzilla, product
>gnome-python-desktop.  Thanks.

Not really the hands on answer I was hoping for ;-) I was hoping to get
some pointers so I can file the bug report with a patch... I'll just go
ahead and report it and then look into making a patch.

/M

[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's Fourth Law:
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes it
worse.