I'm new to python and gtk programming and would like to create a
"click-n-drag" UI interaction. Example image at...

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=clickDrag.png

The idea is that the user is able to mouse-down on any of the colored
rectangles and drag them freely within the bounding area. When the
mouse is released, code will check if the rect center point is within
the matching "text-filled" rect. If true, the colored rect "snaps"
exactly over the matching rect. If false, it moves back to its
original position.

My question is how to approach the overall design? As of now I'm
thinking of a gtk.Fixed widget to provide positioning and the the
dragable area, and subclasses of gtk.Button for the dragable objects
and "hit rects".

Will this approach work, or is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

-Mike Gehl