On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 18:01:49 +0200, Arnau Sanchez wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> In [7]: import gnomeapplet
>> ImportError: No module named gnomeapplet
>
>This module is in the "python-gnome2-extras" package.
>
>Normally, you should be able to do that:
>
>(apt-get install apt-file)
>
>$ apt-file search gnomeapplet
>
>python2.3-gnome2-extras: usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnomeapplet.la
>python2.3-gnome2-extras: usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnomeapplet.so
>
>but this is not working today. I think debian people are updating their
>repositories...

% dpkg -l python-gnome2-extras
||/ Name                 Version        Description
+++-====================-==============-=================================================
ii  python-gnome2-extras 2.14.0-1       Python bindings for the GNOME desktop
environment
% dpkg -L python-gnome2-extras|grep applet
%

Thanks for telling where it should be, it helped me find this bug

/M

[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian