On Qui, 2006-08-03 at 23:41 +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:24:16 +0200
> Arnau Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am trying to make something similar to Thunderbird's filters (if I
> > am not wrong, it uses GTK):
> >
> > http://www.zackrippy.com/images/tech/thunderbird-filter.jpg
> >
> > but I am really puzzled how to he manages to do that... it seems a
> > TreeView (rows are selectable), but there are widgets not available
> > in GTK as cells (Entry, Button, always-visible ComboBox), and
> > moreover its columns can have different cell types from row to row...
> > even with costumized cellrenderers I don't see any way to do that.
>

> Look rather at Sylpheed (not Sylpheed-Claws). It is written in GTK and
> in my opinion it is a better e-mail program than thunderbird.
>
> Anyway the filtering rule window can be seen here:
> http://sylpheed.good-day.net/images/sylpheed2-filter-edit.png

  It the same as in Evolution.

> and other screenshots can be seen here:
>
> http://sylpheed.good-day.net/en/screenshot.html
>
> Note the search dialog look much like the filter.
>
> Anyway, if you find it interesting; Go to the Source, Luke ;-)

  You don't need to read the source; it's really simple:
     1- Create a gtk.ScrolledWindow
     2- Create gtk.VBox
     3- Add the VBox to the SW (SW.add_with_viewport(VB) IIRC)
     4- add rows to the vbox (each row could be e.g. a HBox with
widgets)

> Preben
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The universe is always one step beyond logic