On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:39:51PM +0200, Wolfgang Keller wrote:

> I'm looking for a way that allows a clueless Python scripting dilettant like
> me to build a double-clickable .app bundle of a PyGTK application for MacOS
> X.
>
> Any ideas? Such as e.g. a pre-made "empty" .app bundle that includes already
> the Python interpreter and a compiled PyGTK module?

I don't know of such an app bundle.  You could compile all the packages
yourself.  I've done it before, but it's very tedious as you often have to
backtrack to get dependencies and fuss over the config settings.

Instead, I would suggest darwinports: http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/
Or fink: http://fink.sf.net
They've done all this work for you.

I prefer darwinports (though I'd much rather have an RPM based system than
either of those).  You do have to use *their* copy of python (unless
there's a way to get around that.)  Both of them also have a tendency to
overdo dependencies IMO.

Dave Cook