I would generate a png using Tex directly and then reload that in the GUI

I think this is how the Latex Gedit plugin does things. You may be
able to borrow code from it

http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/LaTeXPlugin

On 12/13/06, John K Luebs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:29:33PM +0100, Martin Remie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does someone know a way to display a math equation in a Glade/PyGTK GUI
> on a label(well, or something looking like a label)?

There are a couple ways. The good enough way, and the best way.

One way is to use mimetex (google it). This is a fairly complete
math expression parser that generates gif output directly. It should
be straightforward to wrap it in python, if someone has not already
done so.

The finest looking output seems to only be had by using TeX itself.
The way to do this is "obvious", that is running LaTeX, and then using
a tool called dvi2bitmap to create your png (or other bitmap) format.

 Regards,
  John K. Luebs