Alex Roitman wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 22:12 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
Alex Roitman wrote:
Are there any plans to switch to LGPLv3 any time soon?
We're already licensed under LGPL v2 or later, what would be the benefits of changing to only v3 (or later)?

I have no idea, I would like to know if you guys are planning
it or not, for whatever reasons you may have.

You can already take the code and relicense it yourself under LGPLv3 if you wish.

Yes, I know.
We (the GRAMPS project) are based on pygtk. So if gtk and pygtk
go LGPL3 we would probably also go GPL3. Otherwise, even though
we could stay "GPL2 or later", we would effectively be GPL3
once there's no LGPL2-pygtk around.

If you're not planning to switch to LGPL3 then we can technically
stay GPL2 or later.

So no plans to go LGPL3 at this time, right?
No, nothing is planned at the moment.
PyGTK is lusing the same license as the rest of the GTK stack,
it's likely that we switch when they do.

Johan