Donn wrote:
    #How to put them at x,y? And later, drag them?

Use the move() method of the Layout widget to position them.

Dragging them is going to be tricky. Before trying to do
that, I would be asking myself whether they really *need*
to be widgets, or just something that you draw yourself
in the main drawing area based on an internal data
structure.

Are you going to be using any of the predefined widgets
like buttons and text fields in this way, or will they
all be custom things based on a DrawingArea?

Also, how many are there likely to be? I would be wary
of trying to make gtk handle a very large number of
widgets -- it's likely to be very inefficient in a
number of ways.

--
Greg