Gary Jaffe wrote:
Hi all --

I have several pygtk apps that each run in its own page of a notebook.
The user can load up and run the apps as he/she wishes.

I would like to have the widget that has the focus for each page to
still have the focus when the user clicks another notebook tab and then
comes back to the original page.  But what happens is that when the user
changes to a new page by clicking on the tab, the focus is set to the
first widget that can focus.  If my program switches to the new page,
this doesn't happen.

I've even tried storing which widget that has the focus on each page and
explicitly doing a grab_focus to that widget when I get a switch-page
event.  I still get the focus set to the first widget that can focus.  I
even checked to make sure I have the right widget just before doing the
grab.focus.  I also tried returning True from the method that handles
the switch-page evnet and connecting with connect_after rather than
connect.  Nothing has done any good.  :(

Does anyone know how to do this?

Haven't tried this exactly, but have you tried putting the grab_focus() call after a small timeout delay ?

gobject.timeout_add(500,widget.grab_focus)