I'd be suspecting something to do with escaped characters in your string.
try something like
button_image.set_from_file(u"icons/dvd.png")
button_image.set_from_file(u"icons/video.png")

have a look at
http://docs.python.org/ref/strings.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

I'm a having a very strange problem loading images for buttons. I use this code:

button_image = gtk.Image()
button_image.set_from_file(u"icons\dvd.png")

This works fine. But if I change the name of an image file, it sometimes doesn't work. For example loading of file called "video.png" fails. The image is not displayed. The problem is really in the filename. If I use 2 identical files with different names, one will load, the other won't.

Does anybody has an idea what can cause this strange behaviour? It hapens on all computers I tried. But I haven't tested it in Linux yet, only in Windows.

 Thank you.

Best regards,

Vlada

NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard
http://www.noooxml.org/petition