On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:40:23 +0100
Stephen Fairchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Checkbuttons or any other widget can be embedded into a button face as this
> small piece of code demonstrates. Passing on the button clicks is a bit more
> involved but in this simple example is not necessary.

Thank you very much for the example.

Of course, what I would like to have is a button which has an embedded
checkbutton where both "widgets" (the button and the checkbutton)
behave as normal. What I mean is that the button click and the
checkbutton can be interacted with separately.
So far, I can have a checkbutton embedded onto a button surface where
the button click does one of two things:
1. makes the checkbutton active/inactive (your example)
2. act as a normal button click and does not allow control of the
checkbutton.

If I understand the mechanics correctly, what I will have to do is make
a custom "clicked" handler that gets the coordinates of the mouse when
a click occurs, if they are within the frame of the checkbutton, act on
the checkbutton, otherwise call the "clicked" callback.

I guess, there is a lot more that I need to learn...

--
Mitko Haralanov