I¨m using 2.10.6 on Windows. I will update to 2.12, anyway I know already know that the problem is caused by to small numbers for font size. But it's strange that setting size=14 produces similar result as font-size: 14px in HTML/CSS. This is what confused me. So the first 2 lines are on my system little bigger then normal font size.

Using values around 20000 works correctly. What unit is the font size in? Thousandths of point?

Vlada

John Finlay napsal(a):
Vláďa wrote:

So I think my code is correct. The problem is, that the first value (size="14") in my example is also used for the second line, although I specified new size (size="10"). The strange thing is that if I use attributes like "large" or "small" then it works. Unfortunately my English is rather weak, so I'm not sure if I can explain it clearly. Here is a short sample code to show the problem:
If I run your example code on my system (pygtk and gtk 2.12.0) the first two lines are so small that they appear to be a dot. The third line is readable. What version of pygtk and gtk are you using?

John