In my application (GUI designed using Glade2), I have a progress bar
that is used by multiple parts of the app.

Some of the parts display text in the progress bar and others done. The
problem that I am having is that the height of the progress bar changes
when there is text displayed and when there isn't. This causes
re-drawing of the application and is really annoying.

Is there a way that I can prevent this from happening, either by
changing the font used by the progress bar or by having the widget
height be calculated in a permanent way?

Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov