I am trying to find a way to get the actual size (in pixels) of a
widget.
What I have is a main application window which contains a
notebook. Each of the notebook pages contains a table. When the main
window is resized, the notebook (and the tables on the pages) get
resized. I would like to be able to find the actual width and height of
the table in the GtkNotebook page.

I have tried using GtkWidget.get_allocation() but that returns the same
number regardless of how much I resize the main window.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you

--
Mitko Haralanov