Hello all,

I'd like to have a nonlinear scale widget from about 1/10 to 10, where 1 is near the center of the scale.

The gtk library seems to assume a linear scale only, so the question is how to do this.

The simplest approach would be to make a function that translates the linear scale from the adjustment to my nonlinear scale. Although I haven't implemented it yet, I have no doubt this will work, so internally I can have a nice nonlinear value coming out of the scale.

However, the user will still see the linear scale (displayed by the Scale widget). I couldn't find a hook to change this displayed value.

The other approach I can think of is to make a non-linear Adjustment class. That would fix the display seen by the user, but it breaks the entire step/page concept (which are also non-linear otherwise the '1' cannot be centered), so I fear it will cause much more trouble than I can handle.

Both approaches seem to be broken in their own way.
Does anybody have suggestions on how to make such a nonlinear scale?

Sincerely,
Albert