hi,

El mié, 02-07-2008 a las 22:54 +0300, Paul Pogonyshev escribió:
> Felipe Reyes wrote:
> > [...]  The other way that I found (the one that I want to implent) is
> > proposed by Davyd Madeley[0], but it doesn't work, I attached a small
> > test case.
>
> It fails because you initialize gtk.ListStore as if with one column:
>
>         super(PhotoListStore, self).__init__(Photo)
>
> You probably shoud
>
>         super(PhotoListStore, self).__init__(Photo, str, int)
>
> instead.
if I do this I will have to pass the uri and size on the append method,
so it falls to duplication data again :(

> > how do you handle the ListStore to avoid data replication?, somebody has
> > some tip to do with pygtk the same that davyd does with gobject?
>
> That non-OOP approach of GTK+ tree models always bugged me as
> promoting bad coding style: duplicating data between your real back
> end and GTK+ GUI tree model with no means of automatic synchronization.
> I actually have some old code lying around, maybe I will try to clean
> it up and publish somewhere...
yes, I feel the same :-\, my last option will be implement a complete
GenericTreeModel, but I feel that will be too much effort for something
that pretty trivial.

> In short, I think this is not easy.  Maybe there are ready-made
> solutions out there, e.g. in Kiwi, dunno.

I'm gonna look for those libs if there is somethin ready to use.

thanks paul for the answer ;)

--
Felipe Reyes Astorga
counter.li.org #316380