Saluton Frédéric :)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 22:13:37 +0100, Frédéric dixit:
> On mercredi 05 novembre 2008, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
>
> > Without knowing the handler_id, maybe you can use "stop_emission()"
> > just after using "set_value()"?
>
> As I can't find a way to get the handler_id, I'm trying to use
> stop_emission(). But I don't understand how it works...

I haven't used it and I haven't seen examples of use, but from the
documentation, it stops the current emission of the given signal.

> Why it has to be called after set_value() call?

The call to "set_value()" emits the signal, but it won't be handled
until the next iteration of the GTK+ main loop, so if you do the
"stop_emission()" just after "set_value()", the signal just emited by
the "set_value()" call will be cancelled. If you call it before, the
signal won't be cancelled.

It's very easy to test: add the call after your current "set_value()"
code and see if it works. You will be adding only one line of code, so
if it doesn't work (the docs are not very detailed...) you won't have
done big modifications to your code.

Anyway, if you are going to use Glade a lot in your projects, try your
best to find a way of getting the handler_id. This message says it is
not possible, but it's from 2003 and maybe things have changed
http://osdir.com/ml/gnome.gtk+.python/2003-04/msg00092.html

We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...