Before installing my pygtk in windows xp i install the gimp...and all gose well
.. may be it can halp you  :-).

Regards

----Messaggio originale---- Da: yyangb...@gmail.com Data: 22/10/2009 4.24 A:
<pygtk@daa.com.au> Ogg: [pygtk] problems on installing PyGTK in Windows XP
Python 2.6.3 is installed on my Windows XP throught the binary file  provided
by Python.org. Then I followed the steps described here:

http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&amp;file=faq21.001.htp

to install PyGTK. However, I still get the following error:
>>> import pygtk  >>> pygtk.require('2.0')  >>> import gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gtk\__init__.py", line  48, in <mod
 ule>      from gtk import _gtk  ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified
module could not be found.

I googled this problem and noticed that there are quite a few people  having
the same problem. But I am unable to find anything which helps  me solve this
problem.

Could you please give me some suggestions?
Thanks!