On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 16:49 -0800, Stuart Axon wrote:
> Cheers all the git stuff worked, and I'm pretty sure my distutils.cfg is
> correct for msvc now.
>
> in pygobject I tried
>
> python setup.py build
>
> However it's complaining:
>
> Warning: Too old version of glib-2.0
>          Need glib-2.0, but 2.22.3 is installed
>
> I added some debug and it's looking for version 2.22.4 of glib...  since this
> appears to be the development version, do I need to build this too (and
> possibly gtk itself)

The answer is both probably, and it depends :-). If you want to build
pygtk version that is bleeding edge, then you will need newer versions
of everything. However you do not have to do this.

In the previous step you merged with orgin/master (HEAD). You could
instead just merge up to the last stable releases (my pygtk branch has
merged up to and including pygtk 2.16 IIRC).

repeating the previous steps (or resetting your tree back to the start)
you can then merge up to and including whatever commit/tag is recent
enough for you. For example, to update pygtk to 2.17 you need to do
something like

git checkout your-branch
git merge PYGTK_2_17_0

Sorry if this is becoming a git lesson, you have to learn it sometime!

John