On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:03:37AM -0600, Chris Gonnerman wrote:
> I'm writing a script to scan a folder for files, retrieve the version
> information via Win32 API calls, and display the results in a sortable
> list.  I've gotten partway into the process (reading the directory and
> filling in the TreeView with names and blank fields) but the filenames
> never appear on my screen... the rows are there, but they are entirely
> blank.
>
> But if I add a hack to the code to retrieve the value of a column and
> print it, it appears in the console window where I started the script
> (much as I expect it to).  So the filename is there, but it's not appearing.
>
> I've missed something elementary, I know, but I don't know what it is,
> and the examples I've been looking at are not terribly clear.  Perhaps
> someone can tell me what I've done wrong?

you forgot to specify the source of data for the CellRenderer, you do that
when you create the column and is the index of the column in the model where
is should read the data:

self.programview.append_column(
   gtk.TreeViewColumn(allflds[i], gtk.CellRendererText(), text=i))

namely you forgot to add text=i

ciao
sandro
*:-)