Hello all,

I've been struggeling with the following problem: I want to have a grid in the
background and I want to put Buttons (or other Widgets) on the  Grid.

I tried painting the grid using a DrawingArea. Which works. But I don't know
how to place other widgets on top.

I tried using a gtk.Layout. This allows me to e.g. place two Button on the
screen so they overlap. The stacking order seems to be "last added widgets on
top". But this does not seem to work with the drawing area. The drawing area
is ALWAYS on top and hides my other widgets.

If you tell me, that this shouldn't be, I'll go and look for glitches in my
code, but I suspect a more fundamental problem.

--
Martin