I know how to do basic DnD with PyGTK but I struggle a bit with the
IconView. What I really want to do is to enable DnD within and between
IconViews. DnD, within should reorder icons within the same IconView and
between should move the item between IconViews. I actually got it working,
sort of, but it feels a bit hacky.

I only used the signals 'drag-data-received', 'drag_data_get' and
'drag_data_delete'. Delete is a bit tricky since I have to keep track of DnD
being between or within. It would also be nice if I could indicate where an
icon is going while reordering within.

I took a closer look at the IconView and found a whole set of methods that
look really useful but I have no idea how to use them properly, and the
documentation and FAQ doesn't help much either. So I have to turn to the
mailing list and hope someone know how to properly implement DnD with the
IconView.

The methods I would like more information about are:

set_drag_dest_item(path, pos)
get_drag_dest_item()
get_dest_item_at_pos(drag_x, drag_y)
create_drag_icon(path)