Hello,

I'm developing a PyGTK app, and sometimes I debug what's going on
inside a callback, by calling pdb.set_trace().

I found out that other events are being processed while pdb is tracing
the function. I assume this is done with threads. I don't like that
because I don't want other things to happen while I debug. Is there
any way to disable this?

Also, are threads used in other cases? When I write my program I
assume that things aren't happening simultaneously. Is this assumption
correct?

Here's a simple example: This creates a window with a button. When I
press the button pdb starts, but other events are still being
processed (for example, if I move the cursor over the button):

import gtk

w = gtk.Window()
b = gtk.Button("Hello")
w.add(b)