My program is currently making use of UIManager. We've recently
started splitting up the menu definitions to the class in which the
widget using it is defined, but I'm finding that there's really no way
to keep the order that I want. I can't imagine "position='top'" being
very helpful at all. IMO, UIManager does not seem very pythonic in
nature.

Has anyone created a Python library that is more powerful than
UIManager? I'd prefer to get rid of the XML completely, and just use a
file-like structure. I'm imaging something like:

m = MyMenu()
m.add(path='/menubar/File/New', priority=-100, label="New",
          stock=gtk.STOCK_NEW, tooltip="Create a new item.")

Maybe someone has a better idea. A solution that's already implemented
would be best.

--
Thanks,
Brad Landis