On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 23:50 +0100, Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:17:00AM +1300, John Stowers wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have updated the official Windows installers for Pycairo, PyGObject and
> > PyGTK.
> >
> > These installers have been tested on XP, Vista and Windows 7. Versions
> > supporting Python 2.6 and Python 2.7 are provided. The installers can
> > be downloaded from
>
> Thanks John. May I ask why you produce and upload to ftp.gnome.org only .exe
> installers rather than .msi that are considered the best ones even by
> distutils docs [1]:

Hi,

I created .msi installers too, but have been unable to test them (they
crash on wine, my native windows PC is on loan) and don't like putting
untested things on GNOME.org.

The MSI installers can be found here

PyGObject 2.26 (for glib-2.26.0)
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pygobject-2.26.0.win32-py2.6.msi
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pygobject-2.26.0.win32-py2.7.msi

Pycairo 1.8.10
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pycairo-1.8.10.win32-py2.6.msi
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pycairo-1.8.10.win32-py2.7.exe

PyGTK 2.22 (for gtk+-2.22.0)
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pygtk-2.22.0.win32-py2.6.msi
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/files/win32/pygtk-2.22.0.win32-py2.7.msi

If they also get good testing and feedback then I could put them on
GNOME [1]

John

[1] Although AIUI msi installers don't do postinstall scripts, which
until recently contributed by Dieter, was a necessary step in the exe
installers.